18:11 06th Aug, 2013
Apple Maps In iOS 7 To Be Crowd Sourced?
Users can opt in for Frequent Locations feature to help Apple calculate walking/driving distances accurately.
Finally, Apple is doing something to make you find places with ease. Apart from hiring professionals, a report on Apple Insider suggests that the Cupertino based company will ask help from its 400 million iOS users to crowd source data. Users can opt for the "Help Improve Maps" in iOS 7, which is said to power Frequent Locations, a new feature in iOS 7 maps. Similar to browser history, Frequent Locations saves Map Bookmarks, while locations are attached to Contacts. For users that sign up, the feature will be linked to their iCloud or Apple ID account, so that driving and walking directions to locations selected on the Maps can be collated.
Image courtesy: Apple Insider
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-