18:11 06th Aug, 2013
Apple Maps In iOS 7 To Be Crowd Sourced?
Users can opt in for Frequent Locations feature to help Apple calculate walking/driving distances accurately.
Finally, Apple is doing something to make you find places with ease. Apart from hiring professionals, a report on Apple Insider suggests that the Cupertino based company will ask help from its 400 million iOS users to crowd source data. Users can opt for the "Help Improve Maps" in iOS 7, which is said to power Frequent Locations, a new feature in iOS 7 maps. Similar to browser history, Frequent Locations saves Map Bookmarks, while locations are attached to Contacts. For users that sign up, the feature will be linked to their iCloud or Apple ID account, so that driving and walking directions to locations selected on the Maps can be collated.
Image courtesy: Apple Insider
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance