Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:53 12th Oct, 2012
Sony Ericsson Reveals ICS Update Plans
Xperia smartphones will get the latest version of Android, starting from March.
Sony Ericsson (SE) doesn't want to be left out of the Android 4.0 party. Like every other droid manufacturer, it was also working on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) roll-out plans. Finally, SE now has a list of ICS-eligible devices, as well as tentative dates for the update. According to the manufacturer's blog post, its current crop of high-end devices will be among the first to taste ICS. It has been made clear that the Xperia arc S, neo V, and ray will receive the update in the last week of March 2012. Later, at the end of April or in early May, SE will start rolling out ICS for the Xperia arc, PLAY, neo, mini, mini pro, pro, and active. Additionally, SE Live with Walkman will also get the latest version of Android.
To make sure users don't miss these updates, the manufacturer will push notifications to all eligible devices, which will contain instructions for downloading the software over-the-air. Additionally, owners will also be provided an option to update using the PC companion software. Those wondering why readying these updates will take so long can click here to read a lengthy explanation provided by the manufacturer.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance