Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:19 27th Dec, 2011
Chinese Firm Launches Portable Gaming Console
Runs on Android, costs Rs 7500.
Chinese manufacturer JXD has introduced an Android-based gaming console, called the S7100. Although this gadget may not pose any threat to Sony's PS Vita, it will surely please budget gamers.
This 7" (capacitive) touchscreen device has pixel dimensions of 800x480. Under the hood is a 1 GHz CPU, coupled with a Mali 400 GPU. Other specs include 512 MB DDR2 RAM, a 2 MP rear and a secondary VGA camera, Wi-Fi, HDMI-Out, and TV-Out. According to the manufacturer, this Froyo-based (Android 2.2) gadget is a combination of a game console and tablet. It sports a D-pad, face buttons, and a thumb stick. You can also emulate Sony PSOne, Nintendo GBA, and Sega Mega Drive games on it.
JXD's webpage is a complete rip-off of Apple's site, so you might want to check it out by following this link. Those impressed with the S7100's capabilities can order it for $140 (approx Rs 7500) by clicking here.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers