Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:19 27th Dec, 2011
Chinese Firm Launches Portable Gaming Console
Runs on Android, costs Rs 7500.
Chinese manufacturer JXD has introduced an Android-based gaming console, called the S7100. Although this gadget may not pose any threat to Sony's PS Vita, it will surely please budget gamers.
This 7" (capacitive) touchscreen device has pixel dimensions of 800x480. Under the hood is a 1 GHz CPU, coupled with a Mali 400 GPU. Other specs include 512 MB DDR2 RAM, a 2 MP rear and a secondary VGA camera, Wi-Fi, HDMI-Out, and TV-Out. According to the manufacturer, this Froyo-based (Android 2.2) gadget is a combination of a game console and tablet. It sports a D-pad, face buttons, and a thumb stick. You can also emulate Sony PSOne, Nintendo GBA, and Sega Mega Drive games on it.
JXD's webpage is a complete rip-off of Apple's site, so you might want to check it out by following this link. Those impressed with the S7100's capabilities can order it for $140 (approx Rs 7500) by clicking here.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”