19:45 11th Jul, 2013
Nokia Rolls Out Software Upgrade For Asha Phones, Brings WhatsApp Support
Updates available for handsets including Asha 308, 310, and 311.
Nokia's Asha range of feature phones will soon offer user a better mobile internet experience, thanks to new software upgrades. The handsets eligible for the update include the Asha 308, Asha 311, and Asha 310. Out of the updates that Nokia has announced, the predominant news is WhatsApp compatibility for Asha 308 and Asha 310 dual-SIM variants along with a standalone YouTube launcher.
Along with these features, the latest upgrade is also said to bring improved Mail for Exchange support and the eBuddy chat app (for Asha 308). Users of Asha 305 and Asha 306 will also get a standalone WhatsApp launcher.
The new update is available for free, and is now seeding as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update. For more details, check out the official Nokia support page. For those not in the know, the Finnish manufacturer latest addition to the Asha series, the Asha 501, is available in India, for Rs 5200.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance