23:23 11th Oct, 2012
Hizbul Mole In BSNL Arrested
Was providing SIM cards and phones for use by the terrorist outfit.
The Jammu & Kashmir police has arrested a BSNL employee who was found to be a militant planted by the terrorist outfit Hizbul Mujahideen. His role was to collect SIM cards and WLL phones for use by the outfit's communications network in the north Kashmiri town of Sopore in Baramulla district. Sajad Ahmad Dar, who is allegedly an IT expert, had been working with BSNL Sopore on a contract basis for a year. He is suspected of providing 10 SIM cards and one WLL connection to Hizbul militants. His modus operandi involved securing the items on fake names and addresses, then supplying them to terrorists. It's suspected that he was helped by another individual in the telecom company, who is yet to be identified.
Incidentally, this is not the first time that such an incident has come to light in the troubled state. Various mobile operators had deactivated thousands of SIM cards this summer after it was reported that they were being used to by militants. Even earlier in 2007, airtel had disabled over 10,000 SIMs for similar reasons, while Reliance had deactivated a whopping 36,000 cards in 2009. The situation deteriorated to the extent that the government even contemplated a ban on pre-paid mobile phones in the valley. Such instances of infiltration into government-owned telecom companies is doubtless going to make the administration even more nervous than usual.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-