16:48 26th Jun, 2013
airtel Announces Free Zone Powered By Google
Free web access for airtel customers for using Google products; usage restricted to 1 GB per month.
Airtel in partnership with Google is rolling out a new program to provide free internet access on mobile devices to its customers. Dubbed as the Free Zone, users will be able to access Google products including Gmail, Google+, and Google Search for free, without having to subscribe to a data plan. While accessing the internet is free, there is a limit on the usage — a cap of 1 GB per month. Moreover, Free Zone can only be accessed either from the phone's default browser or Opera Mini.
There are certain other limitations too. Users will have access to Gmail but clicking on an external link or on downloading attachments, they will be redirected to a different page for purchasing data packages. Similar is the case for Google+. However, for Google Search, users can access the first page of websites from the results, but clicking further would require subscription to a data package.
To get started just visit airtel.in/freezone from your phone's browser. More details on the program can be found on the page.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch