16:48 26th Jun, 2013
airtel Announces Free Zone Powered By Google
Free web access for airtel customers for using Google products; usage restricted to 1 GB per month.
Airtel in partnership with Google is rolling out a new program to provide free internet access on mobile devices to its customers. Dubbed as the Free Zone, users will be able to access Google products including Gmail, Google+, and Google Search for free, without having to subscribe to a data plan. While accessing the internet is free, there is a limit on the usage — a cap of 1 GB per month. Moreover, Free Zone can only be accessed either from the phone's default browser or Opera Mini.
There are certain other limitations too. Users will have access to Gmail but clicking on an external link or on downloading attachments, they will be redirected to a different page for purchasing data packages. Similar is the case for Google+. However, for Google Search, users can access the first page of websites from the results, but clicking further would require subscription to a data package.
To get started just visit airtel.in/freezone from your phone's browser. More details on the program can be found on the page.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones