22:31 27th Sep, 2011
Spice Launches Android Tablet
MiTab is available for just Rs 12,990.
With so many players in the Indian tablet scene, Spice Mobile has also entered the marked with its MiTab tablet running Android 2.2 Froyo. Spice has made the tablet available at Rs 12,990.
Also known as Mi-720, the MiTab has a 7" 800x480 capacitive touch screen, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MHz Turbo processor and Adreno 200 GPU. It comes with a 2 MP camera at the rear and a VGA camera at the front for video calling. In addition to Wi-Fi, the MiTab supports 3G HSPA for high speed internet access, with a full HTML browser supporting Adobe Flash. Along with 2 GB RAM, there is 4 GB ROM and support for up to 32 GB expandable memory using a memory card.
Being an Android device, you can access the Market to install any app to make the tablet more useful to you. It can also be used as a navigational device, thanks to the GPS receiver with AGPS functionality. An E-Compass and accelerometer are also provided. While the company claims that the Adreno 200 GPU is adept at handling gaming, we are not sure how well it can do so until we review the device. The MiTab has dimensions 200x116.5x12.5 mm and weighs 485 g. Its 4200 mAh battery claims to provide a talk time of 20-25 hours, which we are sceptical about, while a standby time of 450-500 hours.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones