01:18 09th Jun, 2013
HTC And Samsung Engage In A Twitter War
A few tongue-in-cheek tweets later, it's LG that has the last laugh!
Now there is no denying that HTC’s Flagship handset, the HTC One is the best looking Android phone in the market today. So it isn’t surprising that it managed to land the 'Hottest phone of 2013' honours at the Mobile Awards. However, the UK wing of the brand is surely not a gracious winner, as it did make it a point to snub arch-rivals Samsung with a cheeky tweet (embedded below).
Not to be left far behind, Samsung UK decide to give it back to HTC by reminding them that its flagship swept away three awards. If you look at Samsung's market share, it suggests that losing out on looks of a handset does little to dent the brand’s popularity.
@htc_uk That's okay guys, our arms were full with the other three awards we took home last night. You can have that one!— Samsung Mobile UK (@SamsungMobileUK) June 7, 2013
That being said, HTC surely ruffled some more feathers in the Samsung camp. Reminding Korean giant of its unethical marketing tactics, which involved badmouthing its competitors with paid reviews, was its retort (see the tweet below). Samsung surely didn’t see that one coming and chose to stay mum.
@samsungmobileuk all those students you paid to write fake reviews of your competitors finally paid off. Pay rise, maybe?— HTC UK (@htc_uk) June 7, 2013
With this master stroke, the game was pretty much over for this tongue-in-cheek (foot-in-mouth for Samsung) banter, but LG had the last laugh. Although its smartphones have a long catching up game to play, this tweet pretty much sums it up.
But I think for the Fandroids, this battle has only just begun. That being said, this one tweet sums it all up, for everyone!
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband