12:01 05th Jun, 2013
Amazon India Is Finally Here
Amazon India store officially starts off in India.
After wetting their feet with Junglee.com for a year, Amazon India with the official URL www.amazon.in finally launches here in the country. Unlike Junglee which is an online shop aggregator, Amazon India guarantees to fulfil orders themselves.
Currently you can buy books, movies, and TV shows on the website with electronic items such as mobiles, cameras, etc promised to be added later on. Expect Amazon India to pretty much play like a standard online shop till they are set, but the fun would surely begin with Amazon offering their US catalogue with items such as Superman Iconic Statue from DC Collectibles (drool) or Star Wars Force FX Lightsabers (double drool) at competing rates here in India.
Free Home Delivery is offered on products above Rs 500 only, anything below that mark will cost you Rs.49 per package for delivery. Though for a “limited time”, Amazon has waived that fee off. Interestingly, if you compare some of the rates of books say 'Stay Hungry Stay Foolish by Rashmi Bansal' on Amazon India and Flipkart; you'll find it cheaper especially since there is no home delivery charge (at the moment).
Also in typical Amazon style, expect your user logins for Amazon.com (US based) to work on Amazon India too. You just got to love Amazon for getting things right!
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-