11:18 05th Jun, 2013
Computex 2013: ASUS Shows Off 31.5" 4K Monitor PQ321 | TechTree.com
Computex 2013: ASUS Shows Off 31.5" 4K Monitor PQ321
And it costs 4K dollars too; India availability and pricing is not yet known.
ASUS isn't just introducing gadgets and gizmos at Computex 2013, it's now shown off its 31.5" PC monitor supporting 4K — PQ321. Thus, this is an UHD (Ultra High Definition) monitor with 3840x2160 pixels, which is four times as much as Full HD (1920x1080). The panel uses Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide (IGZO) instead of amorphous silicon as is traditionally used, which allows it to have smaller transistors and pixels. Even with the smaller pixels, the considerably large area of the monitor results in a rather high pixel density of 140 PPI. For comparison's sake, a 21" monitor with 1920x1080 has 105 PPI. Images should therefore appear crisper on the PQ321.
It supports 10-bit RGB for deeper colour reproduction and an 8 ms grey-to-grey response time for smoother visuals. The brightness of 350 cd/sq. m should also help keep things bright and visible. The IGZO technology also allows it to shed some bulk and keep the thickness at 35 mm at the thickest point while the viewing angles are specified to be 176 degrees wide. A DisplayPort is present, and US models will have dual-HDMI ports with Picture-in-Picture support. The built-in 2 W stereo speakers should help you out when you don't have headphones. The ASUS PQ321 is priced steeply and beyond most consumers' means at $4000 (Rs 2,26,000) and will be available in North America. It is not yet known when and if at all it will be available in India.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals