15:50 28th Jun, 2012
Android 4.0 Being Rolled Out For Google Nexus S
Ice Cream Sandwich update will be rolled out during this month.
Getting a Google-branded handset has its ups and downs (IMHO, mostly ups). One of the bright sides of getting such a device is the constant update roll-out. The Nexus S (along with the Nexus One) was actually the first to receive the latest Android updates, followed by other handsets. However, today the Galaxy Nexus has taken over as the first mobile to receive all future OS updates. This, however, doesn't mean that the Nexus S will be relegated to a forgotten corner. Google has now announced the ICS update for the GSM version of the Nexus S.
The update will be rolled out over the course of this month, and users all around the world should expect a notification pop up on their screens when the update is made available in the respective region. Now that the Nexus S will taste ICS, the likes of Sony Ericsson and Motorola will be closely watched, since the 2011 Xperia handsets as well as the Razr XT910, XOOM, and XOOM 2 are qualified for ICS. Google has put up a web page with useful tips for users switching from Android 2.3 to 4.0. They should expect a plain Android experience, with no OEM customization on their GSM Nexus S.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens