17:52 21st May, 2013
FIR Filed Against Facebook Citing Group Encouraging Cow Slaughter | TechTree.com
FIR Filed Against Facebook Citing Group Encouraging Cow Slaughter
Complainant says group abusive towards both Hindu and Islamic beliefs, complaint registered under IT Act, 2000.
Facebook often gives us the most bizarre perspective of people's wild side. Most cases of online slander seem to stem from the social networking website. This time around, the service has drawn the ire of a Lucknow-based user, and a senior police officer at that.
The man in question is Amitabh Thakur, who filed an FIR against Facebook at the at Gomtinagar police station, complaining about a group which encourages cow slaughter. A report on NDTV.com suggests that the website is being booked under the Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000 for a FB group that went by the name of 'Aao mil kar kaaten Gaay' (Come together to butcher cows).
The complaint has been registered under famed Section 66 A of the IT Act. The report also adds that Thakur had already filed four similar FIRs but no action has been taken so far. The group, which is said to be abusive towards both Hindu and Islamic beliefs, seems to have been pulled off the social network for now.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals