18:51 16th May, 2013
Micromax A88 Canvas Music Now Available In India | TechTree.com
Micromax A88 Canvas Music Now Available In India
New Canvas device is an affordable dual-core offering that runs Android Jelly Bean 4.1, and ships with a pair of free JBL headphones.
Micromax it trying to cash in on its hype around the A116 Canvas HD, and has been launching new smartphones to expand its Canvas smartphone series portfolio. A new addition to this series is the Micromax A88 Canvas Music, which has been launched, and is available for purchase on Micromax's official online store, for a price of Rs 8499. The company states that the phone is custom-made for music lovers as it ships with a pair of free JBL headphones, which is its USP. Micromax is also offering free downloads of up to 3.5 lakh songs via its M! Live store.
The A88 Canvas Music has average tech-specs, and can be best classified as a budget smartphone. Key tech-specs of Micromax A88 Canvas music phone:
- 4.5 inch multi-touch screen with 480x854 pixel dimensions
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 5MP rear camera, and front VGA snapper
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 32GB
- 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- 1800 mAh battery; expected talk time 6 hrs
However, the device's 512 MB RAM is a let-down, as far as running resource hungry games is concerned. 1GB RAM would have been more ideal, which would have in turn led to packaging the A88 Canvas as a complete multimedia budget smartphone.
As far as competition is concerned, Micromax's A88 Canvas competes with Karbonn's A21 that has an identical price tag of Rs 8,500 (online price), or with the Xolo A700 which can be purchased for a 1000 rupees less. Both, Xolo A700 and Karbonn A21 run Android 4.0 ICS OS which is a generation older than the one found on the A88 Canvas Music. However, both those phones have higher resolution screens (960x540). The inclusion of JBL headphones and the music download offer with the Micromax offering somewhat makes the contest even.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals