12:28 15th May, 2013
Microsoft Readying Free Windows 8.1 Update
Previously codenamed Windows Blue, it will be available later this year.
Microsoft will be releasing a system update to its latest Windows OS, the Windows 8.1 (codenamed Windows Blue), according to an official blog post. According to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of Windows, the update will be available as a free download for Windows 8 users through the Windows Store later this year. A similar update for Windows RT will also be available at the same time. However, details about the issues addressed in this update are not yet clear.
Reller did mention, though, that it will ease the learning curve for those who upgrade from earlier versions of Windows. Older versions of the OS had a Start menu and button, which was replaced by a Start screen in Windows 8, thus confusing the users a bit. Windows 8 owners will be prompted to download the update, once it is available. The software giant could be looking at increasing sales of its latest desktop OS by ironing out chinks in its armour. Microsoft will be making a public preview of the update from 26th June, coinciding with the company's BUILD developer conference at San Francisco.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens