Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:01 14th Dec, 2011
MW3 Hits $1 Billion Sales Mark In 16 Days | TechTree.com
MW3 Hits $1 Billion Sales Mark In 16 Days
Shatters Avatar's 17-day record!
Activision has announced that Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) has reached the $1 billion sales figure in 16 days. This makes it the only video game to break the record of 2009's blockbuster film Avatar, which took 17 days to gross the same amount.
Reportedly, more than 30 million people have bought the Call of Duty (COD) games. What's more, over six million people have registered for the Call of Duty ELITE online service since its debut on 8th November. This number includes more than one million premium accounts. Little wonder then that the publisher hasn't missed the opportunity to compare COD with other franchises such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, and The Lord of the Rings.
MW3 is not the only COD game to reach the 1 billion mark. However, it's the fastest one to do so. Additionally, it also holds the record of $400 million in sales in its first 24 hours. It's interesting to see how games are becoming mainstream enough to start breaking the records of Hollywood flicks.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India