18:32 12th Dec, 2011
Kindle Fire Up For Grabs In India
Tradus.in lists the tablet for Rs 14,000.
Not too long ago, a $200 Android tablet sporting a Gorilla Glass-reinforced IPS screen and dual-core processor sounded too good to be true. That is, until Amazon unveiled the Kindle Fire. A couple of months after its release, the pocket-friendly tablet has finally reached our shores.
Tradus.in has put up the Kindle Fire on sale for Rs 14,000, with free shipping. That's quite impressive when you consider the fact that Amazon doesn't ship the tablet to India at all. The cost may not be equal to the direct rupee conversion of the $200 list price, but after taking into account the shipping charges and import duties for sending it to India, works out to nearly the same.
This news, however, doesn't mean that the Kindle Fire has been officially launched in India. The e-shop has listed the device under its "Imported Products" section - therefore it's unlikely that it will be backed by a warranty. However, we are waiting for Tradus.in to provide official facts on the after-sales support, so watch this space for updates.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-