13:53 02nd May, 2013
Facebook Beta Application Available For Windows Phone 8 | TechTree.com
Facebook Beta Application Available For Windows Phone 8
The app provides a better support for high-res images, apart from enabling users to send feedback to Microsoft, directly from the app.
A Facebook beta version application is now available for download for users of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system. Microsoft has announced in a blog post that it has opened downloads for the application and would also take feedback from Windows Phone 8 users. The Facebook app for Windows 8, although in its beta stage as of now, can be considered as an easy-to-use tool for WP-based smartphone users of the social networking. Users can download Facebook beta from the Windows Phone store.
Microsoft has incorporated various enhancements such as support for high-resolution photos, post sharing and Facebook Timeline, in the beta version. The company also states that the existing Facebook app (ver 4.2.1) would still be available, and users can use the new beta app along with the existing Facebook app.
However, users cannot expect the new Facebook app to be fully stable, as it has been released in its beta stage as of now, for Microsoft to obtain feedback about the support. Also, since the app is made for Windows Phone 8 users, people using smartphones running Windows Phone 7.5 or Windows Phone 7.8 platforms could fret about being ignored.
If you are a user of Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 on mobile platform, and haven't found the Facebook beta to your liking, you can put your thoughts across to the company, through the app itself, by selecting Settings=> About. You can also write out a Windows Phone Store review to put across your thoughts to the company.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals