17:51 11th Dec, 2011
ASUS Launches VS247H LED Monitor
Full HD monitor comes in a stylish, slim design.
ASUS has announced the launch of a new LED-backlit monitor, the VS247H. Being eco-friendly, you may be led to believe that the name suggests its 24/7 usage, though it is only a coincidence, as the 24 is the diagonal screen size in inches. Sporting Full HD capability, this monitor sports a slim profile with a sturdy stand, which gives it a touch of style. While the base stand allows it to be tilted by 20 degrees to the back and 5 degrees to the front, the monitor can be removed from its base stand and mounted on a VESA-compliant wall mount if so desired.
While the specs claim a contrast ratio of 50,000,000:1, the Smart Contrast Ratio feature claims to enhance the display's contrast by automatically adjusting the luminance of the backlight to deliver better blacks and whites. The monitor also comes with SmartView Technology, which aims to deliver the same colour and image quality regardless of the viewing angle. Being a TN panel, we suggest you take this with a pinch of salt. Additionally, it has Splendid Video Intelligence Technology supposed to optimise video performance and image fidelity by enhancing colour, brightness, contrast, and sharpness. Users can select six preset video modes via a hotkey to suit their viewing choice.
The VS247H comes with HDMI, DVI-D, and D-Sub inputs as well as a 3.5 mm earphone jack for audio-out when using HDMI. The good thing is that it comes with DVI as well as VGA cable, so you don't have to spend extra. The claimed power consumption is stated to be 33 W during normal use, which is actually a bit on the higher side when considering the fact that this is actually an LED-backlit monitor and supposed to eco-friendly.
With a 3-year warranty, the ASUS VS247H comes at an MRP of Rs 11,900.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones