Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:07 09th Dec, 2011
Samsung Unveils Dual-Screen Clamshell Phone | TechTree.com
Samsung Unveils Dual-Screen Clamshell Phone
And we wonder why!
Manufacturers always tend to sideline the clamshell design when it comes to smartphones. This time around though, Samsung has released the W999, which is a clamshell device running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Interestingly, the Korean giant has slapped two 3.5" screens on this mobile, claiming that users can either use it as a full touch screen phone, or flip it open to access the physical keypad.
This dual-screen phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core CPU. It has a primary 5 MP rear camera and a front 1.3 MP camera for video calling. Other bells and whistles include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 16 GB internal memory, microSD card slot, and a 1500 mAh battery. The device is 0.7" thick and weighs 206 g.
The W999 is expected to hit the Chinese markets in January, 2012 at a price of around 10,000 yuan (approx Rs 80,000)! Although these kind of phones do look impressive on paper, we wonder if having two displays is really a practically feasible idea.
Here's the W999's promo video for you viewing pleasure.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India