Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12:54 09th Dec, 2011
$100 NOVO7 Tablet Launched | TechTree.com
$100 NOVO7 Tablet Launched
Makes Kindle Fire look overpriced.
China-based MIPS Technologies has introduced a 7" tablet dubbed the NOVO7 at a dirt cheap price of $100 (approx Rs 5500). Interestingly, the tablet runs the latest version of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box.
The device is powered by a 1 GHz CPU paired with the Vivante GC860 GPU. The pixel dimensions of the display are not known at the moment, but the screen is capacitive and supports multi-touch gestures. The tablet sports two cameras, with the primary one featuring a 2 MP sensor. Connectivity is in the form of Wi-Fi, and while the tablet isn't equipped with inbuilt 3G, it supports external 3G devices - most likely implemented through USB dongles. The onboard storage is 4 GB, while a microSD card slot enables memory expansion. The manufacturer has pegged the standby time at 30 hours, but hasn't been considerate enough to quote the battery capacity.
Although the NOVO7 costs $100, shipping and handling will jack the price up to $160 (approx Rs 8500). Still, if you can't resist purchasing one, you can place an order through the official site. Otherwise, wait until it hits the local grey market.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India