Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12:54 09th Dec, 2011
$100 NOVO7 Tablet Launched
Makes Kindle Fire look overpriced.
China-based MIPS Technologies has introduced a 7" tablet dubbed the NOVO7 at a dirt cheap price of $100 (approx Rs 5500). Interestingly, the tablet runs the latest version of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box.
The device is powered by a 1 GHz CPU paired with the Vivante GC860 GPU. The pixel dimensions of the display are not known at the moment, but the screen is capacitive and supports multi-touch gestures. The tablet sports two cameras, with the primary one featuring a 2 MP sensor. Connectivity is in the form of Wi-Fi, and while the tablet isn't equipped with inbuilt 3G, it supports external 3G devices - most likely implemented through USB dongles. The onboard storage is 4 GB, while a microSD card slot enables memory expansion. The manufacturer has pegged the standby time at 30 hours, but hasn't been considerate enough to quote the battery capacity.
Although the NOVO7 costs $100, shipping and handling will jack the price up to $160 (approx Rs 8500). Still, if you can't resist purchasing one, you can place an order through the official site. Otherwise, wait until it hits the local grey market.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow