15:48 05th Apr, 2013
HTC First Will Ship With Facebook Home UI
The mid-range smartphone is up for pre-order in the US for $450.
After announcing the new Facebook Home skin for Android, HTC has announced the first smartphone that will feature the UI out of the box. As many already know, Facebook Home gives users direct access to Facebook right from the homescreens. Users can also chat from their home screens without having to launch specific chat applications.
Dubbed as HTC First, CNET reports that the HTC First will sport a 4.3" display, will be LTE enabled, and and run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. Other tech specs include:
- 5 MP rear camera and a 1.6 MP front camera.
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 16 GB internal storage.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, LTE connectivity.
- 2,000 mAh battery; claimed talk time of approximately 14 hours.
The HTC First is now up for pre-order in the US for $450 (without contract) (approx Rs 25,000). Its global pricing and availability details haven't been made public yet. The handset will be available in white, red, light blue, and black.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance