15:48 05th Apr, 2013
HTC First Will Ship With Facebook Home UI
The mid-range smartphone is up for pre-order in the US for $450.
After announcing the new Facebook Home skin for Android, HTC has announced the first smartphone that will feature the UI out of the box. As many already know, Facebook Home gives users direct access to Facebook right from the homescreens. Users can also chat from their home screens without having to launch specific chat applications.
Dubbed as HTC First, CNET reports that the HTC First will sport a 4.3" display, will be LTE enabled, and and run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. Other tech specs include:
- 5 MP rear camera and a 1.6 MP front camera.
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 16 GB internal storage.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, LTE connectivity.
- 2,000 mAh battery; claimed talk time of approximately 14 hours.
The HTC First is now up for pre-order in the US for $450 (without contract) (approx Rs 25,000). Its global pricing and availability details haven't been made public yet. The handset will be available in white, red, light blue, and black.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband