Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:37 04th Apr, 2013
Nokia Lumia 520 Starts Retailing In India For Rs 10,500 | TechTree.com
Nokia Lumia 520 Starts Retailing In India For Rs 10,500
The most affordable WP8 device packs in a dual-core CPU and 5 megapixel camera.
After being showcased in the last week of February, the Nokia Lumia 520 has finally started selling in the Indian market. Available for Rs 10,500, it's the cheapest Windows Phone 8 device available in the country. The 520 is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, and 512 MB of RAM. Its 4" IPS screen has pixel dimensions of 480x800. Similar to the flagship Lumia 920, this phone comes with super-sensitive touch technology, which means you can operate it with gloves on. The internal storage is 8 GB, and you get as much as 64 GB additionally via a microSD card slot. For photography there's a 5 megapixel auto focus camera. Apart from this, you get a set of Nokia-exclusive apps such as Cinemagraph, SmartShoot, HERE maps, Nokia Music, and PhotoBeamer. And yes, it comes in Yellow, Red, Cyan, White, and Black.
Going by the specs, the handset looks as good as the HTC 8S sans LED flash. But more importantly, the 520 is Rs 8000 cheaper than HTC's handset. As of this writing, the handset is up for grabs at Saholic.com and Snapdeal.com for Rs 10,500. To sweeten the deal, Saholic has even thrown in a complimentary 32 GB memory card with every purchase.
- Windows Phone 8.
- Requires micro SIM.
- WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 8 GB of internal storage; 7 GB free SkyDrive storage.
- microSD card support up to 64 GB.
- 4" IPS LCD WVGA screen with pixel dimensions of 480x800 (235 ppi).
- 2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use.
- Orientation, Ambient light sensor.
- 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor.
- 5 MP autofocus camera; supports HD (720p) video recording @ 30fps.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS (Glonass), 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0.
- 1430 mAh battery, talktime of 14.8 hours on 2G and 9.6 hours on 3G.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Windows Phone, Nokia, Lumia
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
Reader Comments (12)