20:30 28th Mar, 2013
Nimbuzz Ties Up With Aircel For Free Data Plan In Jammu And Kashmir | TechTree.com
Nimbuzz Ties Up With Aircel For Free Data Plan In Jammu And Kashmir
This 40MB data plan can be used anywhere in India over a period of 30 days.
Aircel, one of India’s leading mobile service provider, today joined hands with Nimbuzz for making data communications affordable in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). Aircel has launched a plan that provides free data for all Aircel J&K subscribers. This plan can be used anywhere in India over a period of 30 days.
Under this plan, Aircel would send an SMS to its J&K subscriber base for downloading Nimbuzz from a fixed URL, and 40 MB data transfer would be allowed to the users who download the app and sign in within 24 hours of activation. The aim is to explore data-based communication behavioural pattern of J&K consumers.
Nimbuzz, which is one of India's leading IM (Instant Messsaging) service, recently recorded a global user base of more than 150 million in 200 countries of the world, according to a report published in Telecom Tiger. Now, with Nimbuzz joining hands with Aircel, new users from J&K can be expected to add up to Nimbuzz's overall users base.
Vikas Saxena, CEO, Nimbuzz, said "We have always been committed towards the cause of taking mobile communication to every citizen in the country. We are thankful to Aircel for making an effort towards taking mobile communication to the masses with its newly launched Aircel-Nimbuzz data plan. We look forward to their continued support and we are confident that such initiatives will boost internet penetration in the country and bring an aggressive revenue stream for the mobile operators."
Sundeep Talwar, Chief Operations Head, Aircel J&K said, "Technology today has an intrinsic role to play in people's life and it is really interesting to see the revolution in terms of using applications like Nimbuzz. Seeing the growth in data, we would like to have the first-mover advantage in partnering instant messaging platform to leverage this growing revenue stream. Nimbuzz, with its user acceptability and reach, has become the priority partner for us in this new communication-based data plan and we are confident that this plan would not only gain preference in the market and would benefit the growing customers of Aircel in J&K."
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals