12:07 20th Mar, 2013
Peek At Mount Everest And The Kilimanjaro With Google Maps
Adds four new destinations to its mapping system, with amazing imagery.
If Bing Maps is busy mapping the depth of the world's oceans, Google seems to taking time off to scale some of the world's highest mountains. The newest destinations include four famed mountain peaks: Aconcagua (South America), Kilimanjaro (Africa), Mount Elbrus (Europe) and Everest Base Camp (Asia).
At the forefront of the initiative is a Dan Fredinburg, one of the "Google Adventurers" who photographed the four peaks. The official blog post further mentions snaps were taken with a "simple lightweight tripod and digital camera with a fisheye lens".
The new additions will be also available for Google Maps app on iPhone and Android devices. For more pictures, head over to this link. You can find a more detailed description of the team's chronicles here, or relive the Hangout session which was conducted a couple of days ago.
That being said, Google is not the first to offer panoramic shots from the Everest. A non-commercial project that puts 3D aerial panoramas up on the net that is known as AirPano has done it before.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-