Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:43 01st Dec, 2011
United Nations' Website Hacked!
TeaMp0isioN takes responsibility, calls UN "corrupt".
Remember TeaMp0isioN? Yes, the hacker group that came into the limelight for sinking LulzSec's boat. Well, they are back in the news, and surprisingly their target is none other than the United Nations. The hacker group claims that the reason for the attack is that the UN is corrupt, which doesn't come as a surprise to me.
The group has stolen hundreds of usernames and passwords of people working for the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), and the World Health Organization (WHO), and published them online. The team was courteous enough to reveal that some accounts actually had blank passwords.
Reports suggests that the hackers exploited vulnerabilities in the UNDP's website to access the details. Interestingly, the group along with Anonymous had posted a warning message against financial establishments just two days ago.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance