23:32 14th Mar, 2013
BenQ GW2760HS 27" LED Monitor Launched At Rs 20,000
Promises a more comfortable viewing experience with the VA panel; has a thin 11.5 mm bezel.
BenQ has launched its GW2760HS, a 27-inch monitor offering Full HD resolution and a VA panel with LED backlight. It claims to be able to show true 8-bit images for better colour shades as against the 6-bit done by run-of-the-mill panels. It features an 11.5 mm thin bezel that should result in a better visual appeal. The "colour shift-free technology" incorporated in the monitor claims to provide wide viewing angles of up to 178 degrees in any direction.
The GW2760HS features an HDMI interface to connect to HD sources such as a PC, media player, Blu-ray drive, or a gaming console and in-built speakers can play audio if you don't want to connect external speakers via the in-built 3.5 mm stereo jack. D-Dub and DVI interfaces are also present to connect to the PC. Additionally, it features Senseye 3 technology that comes with six viewing preset settings to match your requirements. The response time of 4 ms (GTG) ensures that you will not be plagued by ghosting issues while viewing fast action movies or games. Lastly, BenQ claims that the monitor consumes 27 W in the normal mode, which is good for a 27" monitor.
This monitor claims the USP of being flicker-free. In case you are wondering, a normal LCD monitor (even with LED backlighting) is not flicker-free because it uses pulse-width modulation (PWM) to control the brightness. The flicker may not be visible at high brightness levels, but it becomes very evident and tiring to the eyes when you reduce the brightness. This is because the period for which the backlight is active in a PWM duty cycle gets shortened. Unlike a normal monitor, this one features a continuous backlighting not based on PWM so it doesn't flicker. The result is that it does not cause fatigue to eyes even when viewed for a long duration. The BenQ GW2760HS is priced at Rs 20,000, which is not too much to pay for a monitor of this size for the sake of your eyes.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance