Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:34 01st Dec, 2011
iPhones Are So Hot...
...that one even managed to set itself afire.
We have been hearing stories of exploding phones for quite a while now. The usual suspect in these cases has always been a poorly manufactured battery (usually of a no-name Chinese make). However, what happened in Australia's Regional Express flight ZL 319 was totally unexpected.
According to the airline staff, a passenger's iPhone 4 began emitting a red glow and smoke after the flight had landed. The flight attendants extinguished the fire immediately. Fortunately, no one onboard was injured. The burnt phone has been handed over to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) for analysis. Although the reason behind this fire is unknown as of now, I won't mind pointing a finger at its Lithium-ion polymer battery.
While many people are waiting for the phone's owner to shed more light on the incident, our team seems to have successfully interrogated Siri.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance