16:08 26th Feb, 2013
MWC 2013: LG Unveils The "World's Smallest Wireless Charger" | TechTree.com
MWC 2013: LG Unveils The "World's Smallest Wireless Charger"
The induction charger is just 6.98 centimetres in diameter, expected to be available in South Korea starting next week
LG has unveiled what it calls the "world's smallest Wireless Charger", the WCP-300 at the MWC 2013. Similar to Nokia's fatboy pillow, this circular charging unit also works on the world standard magnetic induction method. The press release explains that the self-induction mechanism in the charging pad creates a magnetic field around the coil, which generates enough electric current to the juice up your mobile phone.
The charging pad has a diameter of 6.98 centimetres, and is compatible with several recently-launched Qi-compatible devices from LG's stable. These handsets include Optimus G Pro, Optimus Vu: II, Optimus LTE 2, and the Nexus 4. The gizmo is expected to hit South Korea (as early as next week) and the US first, followed by a subsequent global launch. Engadget.com reports the charging pad is expected to retail at around 65,000 won (Rs 3300) in South Korea.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance