Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:34 25th Nov, 2011
Sharp's AQUOS SH-01D Surfaces In Japan
First waterproof 3D Android to pack in a 12 MP camera.
Japanese gadgets have always been different from the rest. Except for the pink colour, I actually like their smarphones. To tease us further, Sharp has launched the AQUOS SH-01D, a waterproof device that runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The phone is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU. It flaunts a 4.5" LCD that makes use of parallax barrier technology to offer a glassless 3D experience. The connectivity front is all set with GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm jack, and an inbuilt TV-tuner card (no details available on how that works). If all this isn't enough, the phone is also loaded with a 12 MP camera featuring optical image stabilization. This could be the first such phone in that country - sorry N8, Nokia doesn't exist in Japan!
Japanese operator NTT DOCOMO will begin selling this device from 2nd December. Users will get the option to choose from blue, black, and white (thankfully, no pink!). Usually, Sharp phones never show up outside Japanese shores, but this time around, it just might cross the seas.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens