Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:34 25th Nov, 2011
Sharp's AQUOS SH-01D Surfaces In Japan
First waterproof 3D Android to pack in a 12 MP camera.
Japanese gadgets have always been different from the rest. Except for the pink colour, I actually like their smarphones. To tease us further, Sharp has launched the AQUOS SH-01D, a waterproof device that runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The phone is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU. It flaunts a 4.5" LCD that makes use of parallax barrier technology to offer a glassless 3D experience. The connectivity front is all set with GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm jack, and an inbuilt TV-tuner card (no details available on how that works). If all this isn't enough, the phone is also loaded with a 12 MP camera featuring optical image stabilization. This could be the first such phone in that country - sorry N8, Nokia doesn't exist in Japan!
Japanese operator NTT DOCOMO will begin selling this device from 2nd December. Users will get the option to choose from blue, black, and white (thankfully, no pink!). Usually, Sharp phones never show up outside Japanese shores, but this time around, it just might cross the seas.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance