12:19 26th Feb, 2013
MWC 2013: Nokia 105, Nokia 301 Phones Unveiled | TechTree.com
MWC 2013: Nokia 105, Nokia 301 Phones Unveiled
Nokia 105 is priced at 15 Euros (~Rs 1070) whereas Nokia 301 is priced at 65 Euros (~Rs 4640).
Nokia has launched new basic phone models at the ongoing Mobile World Congress 2013 (MWC 2013) - the Nokia 105 and Nokia 301. These low cost phones are said to cost 15 euros (Rs 1072 ) and 65 Euros (Rs 4641).
Nokia seems to have remembered its "basic phones to capture market share" strategy. Remember that Nokia was a leader in the "affordable phones segment" before it was toppled by the likes of Samsung and Micromax, in India.
The Nokia 105 is expected to be launched in India soon. There is a 1.45" display and is marked for a battery backup of 12.5 hrs on 2G networks. The phone comes with FM Radio, Flashlight and Nokia Life application (Nokia Life is an SMS based, subscription information service designed for emerging markets which offers a wide range of information services covering healthcare, agriculture, education and entertainment. The service is currently available in India). Click here to view full tech specs on Nokia's website.
The Nokia 301, is a dual-SIM phone with a 3.2 MP camera and 2.4" display. The Nokia 301 is claimed to provide a talktime of 20hrs on 2G and 6 hrs on 3G. It comes with 64MB internal memory that can be expanded up to 32GB with micro-SD card. Click here for full tech specs. It is expected to be available in India, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific from the second quarter of this year.
The Nokia 105 is said to weigh in at 70 grams, making it light to carry around. The phone is expected to be available in Black and Cyan colour variants. The Nokia 301 will be a bit heavier in comparison, at 102 grams, but still weighs delightfully low overall.
The Nokia 1280 had recently been launched at a price of approximately Rs 1200. Now with two phones, one being low-cost with the other a somewhat "mid-range" phone, the company is looking at capturing eyeballs in a market it once dominated.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance