16:06 25th Feb, 2013
MWC 2013: Nokia Lumia 720 Unveiled, With 4.3" ClearBlack Screen
Mid-range WP8 phone features wireless charging and 6.7 MP Carl Zeiss lens.
Nokia has unveiled its spanking new Windows Phone 8 smartphone - Lumia 720 at the MWC in Barcelona, Spain, according to a press release. This smartphone is being portrayed as a trendy and social device that lets you remain online and keep your friends updated with your latest snaps.
While it does not feature PureView technology, it still sports a 6.7 MP Carl Zeiss F/1.9 lens, thus should be a decent snapper. Also, it features a new pre-loaded digital lens known as Glam Me that will let the user edit and fix their photos (whiten teeth, widen eyes, and oversaturate colours, among other things). Additionally, there is also a 1.3 MP wide-angle front camera that can click self-portraits, group shots, and also be used for video chat.
- Windows Phone 8 operating system.
- Quad band GSM 2G, 3G.
- 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage, 7 GB cloud storage
- microSD card slot to expand up to 64 GB.
- 4.3" ClearBlack display, with pixel dimensions of 800x480.
- 6.7 MP rear camera with F/1.9 Carl Zeiss Tessar lens and LED flash.
- 1.3 MP F/2.4 wide angle front camera.
- Wi-Fi (with hotspot for 8 connected devices), GPS (with A-GPS), Bluetooth 3.0, Tethering, NFC.
- 2000 mAh battery with wireless charging option.
- 5" (l) x 2.7" (w) x 0.35" (9 mm) (h), 128 grams (weight).
The smartphone sports a polycarbonate unibody design, which is normally a feature reserved for devices in the high-end range such as the 920. However, it is said to be slimmer and lighter than the 920, even though it contains the wireless charging coil that is known to considerably add to the bulk.
The Nokia Lumia 720 is set to initially launch in China and a few European countries, but we can expect it to trickle down to India sooner than later as the company has already put up a product page for the country. The current pricing is estimated at Euros 250 (Rs 18,000) before taxation and subsidies. The Lumia 720 appears to be set to be placed somewhat below the 820 as far as the specs are concerned, so a price tag of under Rs 20,000 for India seems to be a reasonable guesstimate.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones