12:07 25th Feb, 2013
MWC 2013: "World's Fastest 4G/LTE Smartphone" Huawei Ascend P2 Debuts | TechTree.com
MWC 2013: "World's Fastest 4G/LTE Smartphone" Huawei Ascend P2 Debuts
Huawei suggests it can hit up to 150 Mbit/s download speeds, 4.2-inch handset also packs in 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 13 MP camera, and 1 GB of RAM.
The biggest event for mobile phone lovers has finally kicked off. After Samsung's GALAXY Note 8.0 made headlines ahead of the event, Huawei is out with its ambitious new handset, the Ascend P2. While it does show off an impressive set of specs, its USP, according to its makers, is that it's the world's fastest 4G/LTE smartphone. Huawei CEO Richard Yu told TheInquirer.net that the Ascend P2 can reach 150 Mbit/s download speeds, which makes it the fastest 4G/LTE handset to date, thanks to a LTE Cat4 chip.
The handset also packs in a 4.7" 720P IPS display, 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and a 13 Megapixel camera. It comes with Huawei's proprietary Quick Power Control (QPC) and Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) power-saving technologies, which the company suggests reduces the phone's power consumption and charging time by over 25% as compared to competition. Here is the list of known specifications as per GSMArena.com
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900); Dual-band 3G (HSDPA 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600) support.
- Requires Micro-SIM.
- 4.7 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 720 x 1280 pixels, (312 ppi) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- 3.5mm jack, microUSB v2.0, FM Radio, A-GPS (GLONASS).
- 16 GB internal storage.
- Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC.
- 13 MP rear camera with autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, HDR, face and smile detection.
- 1.3 MP front camera.
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) OS; Google Play support.
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Huawei K3V2 processor, 1 GB RAM.
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
- 2420 mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Available Colours: Black and White.
The phone is expected to be available by Q2 2013 worldwide. Its street price in Europe is expected to be around €400 (Rs 28,600). Let's just hope that by the time the handset comes to Indian shores, 4G LTE for voice-based devices in India becomes a reality.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals