02:45 23rd Feb, 2013
American Express Unveils 'ezeClick' Wallet Service To Secure Online Payments
Ensures safety of online transactions and purchases.
American Express has launched an online wallet service that can hold your credit card details, in order to help you speed up online purchases while keeping your data secure. The ezeClick system requires you to set up an account with your card details such as Card Number, Expiry Date, and Security Code. Once saved, you can make card payments using your ezeClick user ID.
At the heart of this system is an American Express SafeKey that creates a One Time Password (OTP) that needs to be used to complete the transaction. Similar to mobile services such as NGpay, the system works with services including MakeMytrip, Bookmyshow, Infibeam, Vodafone, Idea, Tata Sky, eBay, and Spicejet amongst many others.
However, it is always advised to be cautious with services like this. There have been cases of data leakage from wallet apps, and cases money being stolen from mobile payment apps. When storing such confidential data, make sure that you trust apps completely: sometimes popular apps can add a major dent to your pocket. Always keep a tab on your card statement, and in case of discrepancies, alert the authorities immediately.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-