14:44 21st Feb, 2013
Microsoft India To Conduct Another AppFest On 26th Feb
Around 10,000 coders will aim to create apps for education, games, and social causes - headed for the Windows App Store.
In a bid to expand its app repository further, Microsoft is conducting yet another AppFest, wherein students and developers will create apps that will eventually be screened for the Windows Store.
The press release suggests that around 10,000 students from as many as 50 engineering and technology institutes will be trained to come up with apps for education, games, and social causes. The company will offer students software that is free, such as Visual Studio Express for Windows 8, along with free Windows Store registration codes, and mentors to eventually submit the apps for review.
Registration is still open for the event, which will be held across India. If you are keen to attend, you can pick the location closest to you. For details, click here.
Microsoft created a world record at its last AppFest which was help in September 2012, with over 2500 coders working simultaneously in an App Marathon that lasted for 18 hours. Quite a smart way to expand its nascent ecosystem for the Windows platform, especially when its competitors (Android and iOS) are light-years ahead.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance