01:29 14th Sep, 2012
Microsoft Could Implement Kinect In TVs
Reportedly in talks with TV manufacturers.
Microsoft's Kinect is a pretty neat add-on to the Xbox 360 that enables gesture controls for games. Naturally, the company wouldn't just want to limit it to the console. The Kinect currently competes with the likes of Nintendo's Wii Remote Plus and Sony's PlayStation Move. The former, however, has managed to outsell the two even though it was the last to arrive on the scene. While Microsoft will bring the Kinect to Windows PCs starting from next year, it has come to light that MS could well be expanding to televisions as well.
According to sources, the console manufacturer is already in talks with major television manufacturers such as Vizio and Sony to integrate the Kinect with future televisions. It will be interesting to see how Microsoft achieves this, if at all this info is true. One outcome of the integration is that users will not necessarily need the X360 to use the Kinect feature, thus opening up a lot of doors for MS and game developers. As with any rumor, we recommend you take this with a pinch of salt.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens