20:57 23rd Nov, 2011
Dell Launches Latitude ST
New tablet targets the mobile business and IT professionals.
Dell has launched the new Latitude ST, expanding its tablet range. The company claims to customise the tablet to the specific business or end user needs with certified applications and professional services. This ensures a safe and secure computing environment using Trusted Platform Module and Flexible Dell Data Protection. For example, the device is certified to be used in Dell's Connected Classroom solution for students, while to make it useful for healthcare professionals it is certified for the company's Electronic Medical Records and Mobile Clinical Computing solutions.
On the hardware front, the tablet features a 10.1" capacitive multi-touch display and is powered by a 1.5 GHz Intel Atom Z670 processor with 2 GB RAM and up to 32 GB SSD (upgradable to 64 \ 128 GB). A 5.0 MP 720p rear camera along with 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for Skype video conferencing, although we haven't figured out how you can do so with a camera that faces away from the display. The tablet comes with a stylus for writing, TV connectivity, photo sharing, network printing and optional docking station. It runs on Microsoft Windows 7 and claims to have a battery life of up to 6 hours using the 4-cell battery.
The Dell Latitude ST is available for Rs 36,000 (plus local taxes as applicable), with a 1 year Next Business Day warranty. You can upgrade the memory to 3 GB by paying Rs 3000 (plus taxes) extra, while the docking station can be bought separately for Rs 8000.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-