Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:37 11th May, 2015
Plastic Logic 100 Announced | TechTree.com
Plastic Logic 100 Announced
Is a shatterproof e-reader meant for classrooms.
Plastic Logic has announced a new ebook reader, the Plastic Logic 100. This 10.7" device is meant for the education sector. It claims to use the same plastic-based epaper technology as originally intended for its cancelled QUE reader.
The device measures a mere 7.65 mm thick and weighs 475 grammes. It sports a capacitive touchscreen display with pixel dimensions of 1280x960. Apart from being shatterproof, the display is reportedly anti-glare and fingerprint-resistant. The device features an 800 MHz CPU, 4 GB of storage, and a micro-USB port. The OS is taken care of by a customised Windows CE supporting a swipe-controlled GUI. The battery life reportedly extends to a week.
The Plastic Logic 100 will come preloaded with 40 textbooks suited to Russian school grades 6 and 7. The reader will arrive in Russian classrooms later this month, with a price tag of 12,000 Rubles (Rs. 17,850 approx). No word yet on when the rest of the world will get access to this device.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India