17:16 14th Feb, 2013
Samsung Launches REX Series Of Feature Phones | TechTree.com
Samsung Launches REX Series Of Feature Phones
REX 60, REX 70, REX 80 and REX 90 phones available from Rs 4300.
With today's global launch of its newest family of feature phones called 'REX', Samsung is making no bones about the fact that is it also a feature phone maker. The first set of devices available under the REX umbrella will be the REX 60, REX 70, REX 80 and REX 90.
Features common across the REX brand:
- Capacitive touchscreen except for the REX 60 which Samsung says has a "responsive" screen.
- Dual-SIM capable, with a couple of models having hot-swappable SIM card slot.
- TouchWiz interface;
- These devices are not based on Android.
- Preloaded applications include Opera mini web browser, ChatON messenger, Push Email with Activesync, Facebook, Twitter.
- More applications can be downloaded using Samsung's in house App Store.
Here are some model-wise specs:
REX 60: 2.8-inch "responsive" display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM, 1.3 mp camera
REX 70: 3-inch capacitive display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM (hot swappable), 2 mp camera
REX 80: 3-inch capacitive display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, 3 mp camera
REX 90: 3.5-inch capacitive display, 480 x 320 pixels, dual- SIM (hot swappable), Wi-Fi, 3.2 mp camera
The devices will be priced from Rs 4300 to Rs 6500. However, individual pricing is not available at the moment. The devices will be mostly competing with Nokia's popular Asha series of mobile phones. Whether the REX series will be able to gain ground on the Asha series is yet to be seen.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India