17:16 14th Feb, 2013
Samsung Launches REX Series Of Feature Phones
REX 60, REX 70, REX 80 and REX 90 phones available from Rs 4300.
With today's global launch of its newest family of feature phones called 'REX', Samsung is making no bones about the fact that is it also a feature phone maker. The first set of devices available under the REX umbrella will be the REX 60, REX 70, REX 80 and REX 90.
Features common across the REX brand:
- Capacitive touchscreen except for the REX 60 which Samsung says has a "responsive" screen.
- Dual-SIM capable, with a couple of models having hot-swappable SIM card slot.
- TouchWiz interface;
- These devices are not based on Android.
- Preloaded applications include Opera mini web browser, ChatON messenger, Push Email with Activesync, Facebook, Twitter.
- More applications can be downloaded using Samsung's in house App Store.
Here are some model-wise specs:
REX 60: 2.8-inch "responsive" display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM, 1.3 mp camera
REX 70: 3-inch capacitive display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM (hot swappable), 2 mp camera
REX 80: 3-inch capacitive display, 320 x 240 pixels, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, 3 mp camera
REX 90: 3.5-inch capacitive display, 480 x 320 pixels, dual- SIM (hot swappable), Wi-Fi, 3.2 mp camera
The devices will be priced from Rs 4300 to Rs 6500. However, individual pricing is not available at the moment. The devices will be mostly competing with Nokia's popular Asha series of mobile phones. Whether the REX series will be able to gain ground on the Asha series is yet to be seen.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones