18:09 11th Feb, 2013
80% US Android Users Preferred Samsung In January 2013 | TechTree.com
80% US Android Users Preferred Samsung In January 2013
Samsung Galaxy S3 is the top Android smartphone in January 2013 in the US, reported consultancy firm Localytics in a blog post for mobile app developers and marketers.
Smartphone manufacturing major Samsung has hit yet another high, according to Localytics. The blog post says Samsung devices made up eight out of ten Android devices that Americans used in January. The report also states that Samsung accounted for nearly 47% of the global Android devices during the month.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was the top Android smartphone in January 2013 in the US. This was followed by its predecessor, the Galaxy S2. Reportedly, Samsung Galaxy device variants accounted for seven out of the eight devices that Samsung had in the top ten list.
Amazon Kindle Fire with 1.7% user share and Motorola Droid Razr with 1.3% user share were the other devices that made up the top ten Android devices list, apart from Samsung.
Another notable aspect contained in the Localytics report is the fact that Samsung, in spite of its dominance in January 2013, is still not the leader when it comes to Android tablets in the US. Amazon Kindle Fire holds this position with a 37% user share.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals