17:49 01st Apr, 2013
HTC's New Flagship M7 Launching Feb 19
A 13 MP camera is expected in the smartphone. This seems to be the second premium smartphone from HTC in a span of two months.
The HTC M7 was showcased in an event in Thailand by HTC Chairman Peter Chou. The HTC M7 is expected to have a 4.7" display and run on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean platform.
HTC seems to be very confident about this upcoming model: The Chairman of the company, Peter Chou, posed for media with the phone held in his hand. This is something companies don't usually do before the formal launch. "This event today is a great opportunity for testing. I was still testing it just now”, says Peter Chou in a Next TV video clip.
While not officially confirmed, the fact that HTC is making quite a big deal of it leads one to believe that this will be their new flagship. Interestingly, the HTC Butterfly (approx Rs 46,000 in markets where available) was launched just last week. Two back to back releases premium phones from HTC in a span of three weeks? Interesting, indeed.
The HTC M7 is expected to come with an "Infrared Emitter", which means that the smartphone can also be used as a Universal Remote Control. There has been a lot of speculation on the specifications of the M7.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance