19:09 31st Jan, 2013
Photo Sharing And Document Previewing Now Possible With Dropbox
Users can now share photos on Facebook and Twitter, preview PDF and DOC/DOCX files.
Dropbox, the popular cloud storage service which allows you to keep files in sync across multiple devices, today added two new features to its service. First up is the photo sharing feature with which you can share photos through Facebook, Twitter or email. Users can now select multiple photos and share them with their friends. The links will still work even if you rename the photos or the folder.
Another much needed feature that Dropbox has added to its kitty is document previews. Until now users were only able to preview photos, but now they can also view documents before downloading them. If you click on a PDF or Microsoft Office file on the Dropbox website, you will be presented with an option to preview it before downloading. For now the quick preview function only supports PDF, DOC, DOCX and Powerpoint files, while support for Excel file fomat is being worked on.
Both the new features will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks. So if you don't see the new features right away, just wait for some time for it to show up.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance