17:21 17th Nov, 2011
Over 200 Million Droids Activated: Google
Won't be long before it overshadows Apple's 250 million mark.
It's no secret that Google's Android platform is very popular amongst smartphone and tablet users. However, that still doesn't prepare one for the stupendous rate at which it has been growing. During the Google Music live event, the company revealed that a mind-bending 200 million Android devices have been activated to date. This number is all the more impressive considering that the web search major had pegged this number at 100 million during the Google I/O event in May this year. That's a 100% growth in a little over six months. This feat is thanks to a whopping 550,000 Androids being activated every day.
Google's all-encompassing platform is snapping at the heels of Apple's 250 million total activations. At this rate, it won't be long before the collective might of the Androids finally overshadows the original poster boy of touchscreen devices. While the authenticity of such figures is always open to conjecture, let's not forget that Android devices force users to tether them to their Gmail accounts, making Google's numbers more believable.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance