13:08 28th Jan, 2013
Apple Applies For A Patent To Detect Shoe Wear-Out
Red herring diagrams show shoes with sensors and alarms that tell users to discard old shoes.
Sensors to track your workout and calories burnt have always been around. But if Apple's latest patent application is to be taken seriously, the company seems to be in the process of creating a shoe wear-out sensor. The patent looks to be in its initial stages with the diagram depicting a sensor to detect shoe wear-out, a processor measuring the sensor's data and a mechanism (LED, or a sound-based beeper) that notifies the wearer that it's time to get a new pair of shoes.
These sensors may be accelerometers, pressure sensors or piezoelectric flexing sensors, which processes data using a manufacturer-coded algorithm. The details can also be possibly displayed on an iOS device. When these Apple-branded shoes will make it to market only time will tell. For now, you can check out the patent details here.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow