13:08 28th Jan, 2013
Apple Applies For A Patent To Detect Shoe Wear-Out | TechTree.com
Apple Applies For A Patent To Detect Shoe Wear-Out
Red herring diagrams show shoes with sensors and alarms that tell users to discard old shoes.
Sensors to track your workout and calories burnt have always been around. But if Apple's latest patent application is to be taken seriously, the company seems to be in the process of creating a shoe wear-out sensor. The patent looks to be in its initial stages with the diagram depicting a sensor to detect shoe wear-out, a processor measuring the sensor's data and a mechanism (LED, or a sound-based beeper) that notifies the wearer that it's time to get a new pair of shoes.
These sensors may be accelerometers, pressure sensors or piezoelectric flexing sensors, which processes data using a manufacturer-coded algorithm. The details can also be possibly displayed on an iOS device. When these Apple-branded shoes will make it to market only time will tell. For now, you can check out the patent details here.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals