13:08 28th Jan, 2013
Apple Applies For A Patent To Detect Shoe Wear-Out
Red herring diagrams show shoes with sensors and alarms that tell users to discard old shoes.
Sensors to track your workout and calories burnt have always been around. But if Apple's latest patent application is to be taken seriously, the company seems to be in the process of creating a shoe wear-out sensor. The patent looks to be in its initial stages with the diagram depicting a sensor to detect shoe wear-out, a processor measuring the sensor's data and a mechanism (LED, or a sound-based beeper) that notifies the wearer that it's time to get a new pair of shoes.
These sensors may be accelerometers, pressure sensors or piezoelectric flexing sensors, which processes data using a manufacturer-coded algorithm. The details can also be possibly displayed on an iOS device. When these Apple-branded shoes will make it to market only time will tell. For now, you can check out the patent details here.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance