Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:24 16th Nov, 2011
Optimus 3D Users Can Finally Taste Gingerbread
LG to roll out the update from 21st November.
Good news for owners of LG's flagship device, the Optimus 3D. No, you won't get the holy grail of the Android world, aka Ice Cream Sandwich anytime soon, but LG has announced a Gingerbread update instead. This comes as a huge relief for folks stuck with Froyo (Android 2.2) on their Rs 35,000 device.
As usual, the update promises to deliver a better multimedia experience. However, the main highlight will be the manufacturer's 2D-to-3D game converter, which can transform OpenGL-based 2D games into 3D. Additionally, users will benefit from enhanced power management, a tweaked user interface, video stabilisation in 2D mode, improved battery performance, and better implementation of features such as copy-paste.
The update will be available starting from next week in Europe, and should hit India by the end of this year.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance