13:41 24th Jan, 2013
Clock Is Ticking For Cheap Windows 8 Upgrades | TechTree.com
Clock Is Ticking For Cheap Windows 8 Upgrades
Microsoft releases update on Windows 8 pricing - upgrade to cost Rs 6500 for non-Pro, and Rs 10,500 for Pro edition.
Within 10 weeks of it's October 2012 launch, Microsoft announced sales of 60 million licences of Windows 8. With the Windows Upgrade Offer still in effect, you can buy Windows 8 for Rs. 699 if you're interested. The last date to redeem this offer is 28th February, and it is limited to customers who've bought a PC/laptop with Windows 7, between 2nd June 2012 and 31st January 2013.
After the offer period (1st February 2013 onwards), buying Windows 8 upgrades is set to become costlier, as detailed by Microsoft in a recent blog post.
- Windows 8 upgrade - US$119.99 (Rs. 6,500 approx.)
- Windows 8 Pro Pack (Windows Anytime Upgrade) - US$99.99 (Rs. 5,300 approx.)
- Windows 8 Pro upgrade - US$199.99 (Rs. 10,500 approx.)
- Windows 8 Media Center Pack - US$9.99 (Rs. 530 approx.)
Notably, the pricing information above does not apply to non-upgrade situations. The Retail and OEM/System Builder editions of Windows 8 will cost more than the upgrade editions.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance