18:11 23rd Jan, 2013
Videocon Will Bring 4G Services To India This Year
After airtel, becomes the second service provider to float 4G services in the country.
Videocon, one of India's many consumer electronics and mobile manufacturers, is reportedly aiming to bring 4G services to India this year. Videocon is expected to roll out 4G services in India from July and is expected to use the 1800MHz spectrum, which it acquired last year.
The service will be made available to users in Videocon's newly picked up telecom circles, alongside 2G and 3G connectivity options. These areas include Jharkhand, Bihar, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, and Haryana. Other players including aircel and Tikona Digital are expected to roll out 4G services soon as well.
4G technology works on the principle of FDD LTE, which that promises seamless connectivity. Even the data holding capability with this technology is much more than that of its predecessors viz 2G and 3G. One other major advantage of the 4G, apart from seamless connectivity is its ability to provide crystal-clear clarity in video calling and also high data transfer rates, which in turn leads to faster gaming and faster web access.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones