12:08 17th Jan, 2013
Google Celebrates Frank Zamboni Birthday With A Slow Doodle Game | TechTree.com
Google Celebrates Frank Zamboni Birthday With A Slow Doodle Game
Zamboni is credited with creating the first prototype of the ice-surfacing machine in 1949.
Barring those living in Himachal Pradesh or further up north, most of us would not have played on snow, real or artificial. As the maker of the first known the modern ice resurfacer, Frank Zamboni celebrates his 112th birthday, Google has joined the celebrations through a doodle-based game. In the game, you play the resurfacer who has to clean and smoothen up the surface of an ice rink after a bunch of skaters have played around, all before your Zamboni (yes, it's a trademarked term) runs out of fuel. You earn points for the re-surfaced part, and levels increase. With the higher levels come more number of skaters. The game also throws up power-ups and obstacles such as banana peels (to spin out of control), ice creams (bonus points), coffee pots (to speed up), and fuel cans (to tank up). Once you run out of fuel, you get the option of sharing your scores via Google Plus. Not as amazing as the PAC-MAN doodle or even the Olympic bunch, but the slow game will keep you hooked on for some time.
While the regional doodle doesn't appear on the global or the Google India site, head over to Google UK to while away your free time. Or else, you can always find it at Google's official doodle repository listing.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals