11:11 16th Jan, 2013
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year | TechTree.com
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year
Will team up with Mozilla to launch in a handset in Europe first.
ZTE also hinted that should there be user demand, they would also bring the phone in the United States in the future. The move is aimed to reduce ZTE's reliance on Google's Android operating system, which enjoy 75% market share, according to an IDC report. Another report by Strategy Analytics says that Mozilla's Firefox OS could have 1% market share by the end of 2013.
In addition to ZTE, another Chinese maker TCL is also readying a Firefox OS phone. Details about both the phones are bleak at the moment.
Mozilla has been eyeing a slice of in the mobile OS pie for quite some time now. We posted some screenshots last year, which showed off how the interface could look and function. Looks like the mobile OS wars could heat up in 2013.
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India
- Western Digital Offers Pocket-Sized WD Elements SE External SSD
- For A Great Flexible Work Experience, Choose The Poly Voyager 4300 UC Series Headset