11:11 16th Jan, 2013
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year | TechTree.com
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year
Will team up with Mozilla to launch in a handset in Europe first.
ZTE also hinted that should there be user demand, they would also bring the phone in the United States in the future. The move is aimed to reduce ZTE's reliance on Google's Android operating system, which enjoy 75% market share, according to an IDC report. Another report by Strategy Analytics says that Mozilla's Firefox OS could have 1% market share by the end of 2013.
In addition to ZTE, another Chinese maker TCL is also readying a Firefox OS phone. Details about both the phones are bleak at the moment.
Mozilla has been eyeing a slice of in the mobile OS pie for quite some time now. We posted some screenshots last year, which showed off how the interface could look and function. Looks like the mobile OS wars could heat up in 2013.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance