11:11 16th Jan, 2013
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year
Will team up with Mozilla to launch in a handset in Europe first.
ZTE also hinted that should there be user demand, they would also bring the phone in the United States in the future. The move is aimed to reduce ZTE's reliance on Google's Android operating system, which enjoy 75% market share, according to an IDC report. Another report by Strategy Analytics says that Mozilla's Firefox OS could have 1% market share by the end of 2013.
In addition to ZTE, another Chinese maker TCL is also readying a Firefox OS phone. Details about both the phones are bleak at the moment.
Mozilla has been eyeing a slice of in the mobile OS pie for quite some time now. We posted some screenshots last year, which showed off how the interface could look and function. Looks like the mobile OS wars could heat up in 2013.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones