Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:46 10th Jan, 2013
CES 2013: Samsung Unveils Exynos 5 Octa Chipset
Promises better performance and better life compared to its predecessor.
Samsung seems to be running on full-steam at this year's CES. Right after announcing the world's biggest 110" 4K television, Samsung took the unwraps of its Exynos 5 Octa chipset. Exynos chipsets are at the heart of the company's high-end GALAXY series devices (including its flagship handset models), and so become all the more important for the Korean giant, which is riding high on the series' success. In its latest iteration, the Exynos chips feature 8 processor cores! Four of them are Cortex-A15 CPUs meant for heavy tasks, while the remaining bunch is made up of Cortex-A7 processors to run less demanding apps. According to Samsung, this system will ensure significantly better battery performance over the previous generation of hardware.
Performance wise, it's reportedly twice as fast as the Exynos 4 Quad found in the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III. As of this writing, Samsung hasn't disclosed when and in which devices we can expect these chipsets to be featured in. What else could serve to be a better launch pad than the upcoming GALAXY S IV? Whether that actually happens, we will find out soon.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance