10:59 09th Jan, 2013
Apple Working On Cheaper iPhone – Report | TechTree.com
Apple Working On Cheaper iPhone – Report
WSJ suggests it could resemble the existing iPhone, expected to release this year.
Apple is working on a cheaper version of its popular iPhone that could be released this year, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday. The device could resemble the existing iPhone, but might use less expensive materials, such as a shell made of polycarbonate plastic, according to the report, which cited anonymous sources.
Apple could decide not to move forward with the lower-end iPhone, the report noted. The product would represent the first time Apple has diversified its line of smartphones with significantly different models since launching the original iPhone in 2007. The company faces pressure from rival smartphone-makers such as Samsung whose products use Google Inc's Android operating system. Apple declined to comment on the report.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Apple, iPhone, Reuters
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals